This freezer prep sweet potato chili is a really quick prep recipe that is ready in minutes when you need it!
So what exactly do you need to prep a freezer meal recipe?
It’s actually pretty simple!
For this one, you’ll only need a freezer bag (plastic or reusable) and a bag stand! They are both linked above.
Let’s talk ingredients a little bit.
- Frozen prechopped veggies can save time if you need it to go even faster.
- For broth you can use Better than Buillion and place it in the bag if desired, then just add water when you go to cook to make this process even simpler.
- Feel free to swap the beans for ones you prefer if you’re not a fan of kidney beans!
Want to learn all my best tips for freezer meal prep? Grab the free freezer meal cheat sheet right here!
@thiscraftyhome #ad Super easy freezer meal prep recipe! Shout out to @iHerb for the amazing ingredients! Use code THISCRAFTYHOME for a discount🙌#iherb #freezermeals ♬ Swing Soon – Zero3 Music
- 1 large sweet potato, Diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 Red bell pepper, diced
- 15 oz. can of Tomato Sauce, drained
- 14.5 oz. can of Diced Tomato, drained
- 15 oz. can of Kidney Beans, drained
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 4 tsp Cumin
- NOT IN BAG
- 2 cups Broth (Your choice!)
- Dice sweet potato, onion, and red bell pepper then add them to the freezer bag.
- Drain all cans, tomato sauce, diced tomato, and kidney beans to the bag.
- Add soy sauce, garlic powder, chili powder, paprika, and cumin to the bag.
- SEAL bag and try to get as much air out as you can then freeze!
- Thaw bag overnight or for a few hours in cold water.
- Dump into Instant Pot and add two cups of broth.
- Cook for 4 minutes on manual/pressure cook.
- Do a quick release and enjoy!