Need a recipe that delicious, budget-friendly, and perfect to prep ahead in the freezer? This Instant Pot Pasta E Fagioli literally checks all the boxes and is perfect is for chilly weather!
So what exactly do you need to prep a freezer meal recipe?
It’s actually pretty simple!
For this one, you’ll only need a freezer bag (plastic or reusable) and a bag stand!
Let’s talk ingredients a little bit.
- Feel free to double the meat in the recipe if you are bigger on that than veggies! Or cut the meat and add extra beans and carrots instead.
- I call for prechopped and frozen onions and carrots to save time. You can chop your own if needed.
- We use Better than Bouillion in place of chicken broth, if you do not have any on hand just leave it out and use the chicken broth instead!
@thiscraftyhome This one is delicious! If you want more freezer goodness check out my free cheat sheet in my profile!#easydinnerideas #freezermeals #freezermealprep ♬ original sound – This Crafty Home
- IN THE BAG
- 1/2 pound ground sausage
- 1 can diced tomatoes (drained)
- 1 can white beans (drained)
- 1 can kidney beans (drained)
- 1 cup frozen chopped onions
- 1 cup frozen chopped carrots
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1.5 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp basil (dried)
- 6 tsp Better than Boullion Chicken Base
- NOT IN BAG
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup dry ditalini pasta
- Optional toppings
- Parmesan or Mozzarella cheese
- Brown the sausage and drain the grease. Let cool.
- Get a gallon-sized freezer meal bag and bag stand and set up!
- Dump all the canned ingredients, onions, carrots, seasonings, better than bouillon and Worcestershire to the bag.
- Seal and freeze!
- Thaw in the fridge overnight or in cold water for a couple of hours.
- Dump bag into your Instant Pot and add 6 cups of water and one cup of ditalini pasta.
- Mix well!
- Cook on high pressure/manual for 3 minutes then quick release!
- Serve topped with some cheese and enjoy.
You can totally make this without prepping it ahead as well if desired. Just skip the bag and do everything in the instant pot!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 450Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 1280mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 9gSugar: 7gProtein: 23g