I’m going to be super honest in this post, this blog is definitely at least 2 years old as of 2018 and I JUST started making money. However, I also just really started trying to make it work a little over a month ago. In the beginning of April 2018 I had no pageviews and I hadn’t written a blog post in over a year. After reading yet another blogger’s income report I decided I had nothing to lose. I needed to give it a try again.
Last time around I really had no idea on how best to market my blog. I thought if I put a pretty post on Instagram, a pin on Pinterest, and prayed a little that it would all work out. Oh, how wrong I was. Fellow bloggers out there are probably shaking their heads at me now, yeah I was a sucker.
Fast forward to last April and I really started digging into the blogging community and how it all worked. Then I convinced myself that blogging was too hard, and opted just do to Pinterest affiliate marketing instead. I bought an ebook that others had raved about, read it, and was so upset I had just spent $25 on something that I had read about on countless blogs already or already knew. I will not post what that book was here, but I will let you know I will never recommend products like that one even if it would make me great money.
Long story short, I ran back to blogging and after finding some truly valuable posts and resources things started working. I am writing this post in hopes of motivating myself, and anyone else out there who is doing the grind with me!
May 2018 Blog Income
What affiliates do I use?
Amazon (this is where the majority of my income is coming from now)
May 2018 Stats
Pinterest Followers: 68
Pinterest Viewers: 161,654
I can confidently say the number one reason for my success in May was the purchase of Carly’s book, Pinteresting Strategies. I saw an immediate jump in my numbers as soon as I started implementing what she taught in her book and can absolutely say it was worth every penny.
May 2018 Goals
- 2,000 Pageviews: Succeeded!
- $100 Total Revenue: Failed- this was a totally ambitious goal, but it’s one I’m still going to work on!
- 8 blog posts: Failed- I posted 5 posts total and honestly I’m pretty proud of that. I’ll be adjusting this for the future.
What did I use to succeed this month?
If you haven’t heard of Tailwind to manage your Pinterest account it is really a game changer in regards to exploding your traffic with Pinterest. Through a mix of scheduling pins on Tailwind and using Carly’s book, which I’ll talk about more next, I’ve been able to go from barely any Pinterest views to over 160,000 in less than two months! Use the link to get a $15 credit for Tailwind!
Carly’s book focuses on manual pinning, Tailwind has been a resource that has helped on days I couldn’t quite pin enough and provided super valuable insights into my account. If you buy one thing as a new blogger, I can’t rave enough about how much Pinteresting Strategies helped me grow. Until I purchased that book I felt like I was treading water but getting nowhere! Carly used the method she shares in her book to grow her blog from 0 page views to over 200,000!!
May 2018 Posts
June 2018 Goals
- 25,000 sessions: Ok don’t laugh, I know this is nuts. But, my ultimate goal is to switch from Adsense to Mediavine and this is their number. So, this is going to be on my goal list until I hit it!
- 10,000 pageviews: This is my more realistic goal so I have something to fall back on when I really don’t hit that first goal.
- $100 Total Revenue: I am nervous about this because a big chunk of this month’s revenue was from one purchase on Amazon, but I feel if I get my stats up it’s doable!
- 100 Pinterest followers
- 500K monthly Pinterest Viewers